If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity you have come
to the right place. Denali Alaskan's employees enjoy an
industry competitive salary scale, a great working atmosphere, and a generous
benefits package. Denali Alaskan FCU participates in the
E-Verify program. Below are some of the current job openings.
Department: Anchorage - Operations Support Exempt: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Training & Development Director Function Supervised: None
Educates members and potential members of the features of credit union products and services to increase awareness; this may include outbound telephone calls, in person prospecting, and mail. Provides exceptional member service in terms of professionalism, communication, and branch operations. Performs duties including teller transactions, new accounts, and loan processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Educates and cross-sells members on Credit Union products and services through identifying their needs.
2. Conducts the submission of loan applications, interviews, underwrites, decisions, and closing of consumer loan applications within established lending limits.
3. Performs basic teller transactions which include opening new accounts, account maintenance, and IRA maintenance.
4. Ensures compliance of established Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulations.
5. Provides members with financial education and referrals for appropriate debt counseling.
6. Encourages a positive and professional work environment through effective communication with peers and management.
7. Participates in branch sales meetings by offering ideas for promotions to assist in increasing branch performance.
8. Delivers prompt, courteous, professional service to all Credit Union members.
9. Consistently maintain product sales averages in line with established branch goals.
10. Responsible for maintaining an appropriately stocked work station for an enhanced level of member service.
11. Responsible for the proper accountability of individual cash drawer and adheres to Credit Union policy and procedures for balancing.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year related experience. Cash handling experience preferred.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
Complete any required training by assigned due date.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outgoing professional demeanor/appearance required.
2. Demonstrated sales and public relations skills, practical knowledge of sales techniques and processes, and ability to work with a team to achieve results.
3. Possess comprehensive understanding of regulations applicable to lending and deposit products.
4. Self-starter and excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to make sound credit decisions.
6. Proficient in use of standard office equipment and computer software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Ability to work a rotating schedule over a seven-day a week period.
Evenings and weekend may be required.