If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity you have come
to the right place. Denali Alaskan's employees enjoy an
industry competitive salary scale, a great working atmosphere, and a generous
benefits package. Denali Alaskan FCU participates in the
E-Verify program. Below are some of the current job openings.
Reports To: General Manger Function Supervised: None
Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills, a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the insurance brokerage. Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book of commercial lines business.
Grow and develop talents and insurance knowledge to highest level possible.
This position’s compensation is directly related to revenue production and revenue growth of an assigned book of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prospect for new business from existing clients, networking and identified target groups.
2. Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating appreciation and desire to conduct business.
3. Service Commercial Lines accounts as assigned, collect premiums per established agency procedures and aid in collections.
4. Survey prospects and clients to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and other records
5. Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
6. Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
7. Introduces service person to clients and request that service communications be directed to them; and forward all service related communication to assigned service person.
8. Service commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
9. Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
10. Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system.
11. Keep customers fully informed of all-important activities on their accounts.
12. Prioritize workload and/or request assistance as required.
13. Maintain active prospecting lists and attend all sales meetings as required.
14. Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
15. Assist other DAI and DAFCU staff in cross selling and account rounding.
16. Assume other job responsibilities as assigned General Manager
High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Degree must be from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation boards (or appropriately credentialed):
MSA – Middle States Association
NASC – Northwest Association of Schools & Colleges
NCA – North Central Association of Colleges & Schools
NEASC – New England Association of Schools & Colleges
SACS – Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
WASC – Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Minimum five (5) years of direct P&C insurance experience required. Alaska P&C license required.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
Complete any required training by assigned due date.
1. Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of professionalism in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing commercial accounts.
2. Attention to detail is required. Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal and public relations skills.
3. Knowledge of commercial insurance and products required. Knowledge of computer systems such as Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.