If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity you have come
to the right place. Denali Alaskan's employees enjoy an
industry competitive salary scale, a great working atmosphere, and a generous
benefits package. Denali Alaskan FCU participates in the
E-Verify program. Below are some of the current job openings.
Department: Anchorage - Loan Control Exempt: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Loan Control Manager Function Supervised: None
Accountable for the monitoring, collection, closure, and charge off of negative share accounts. Provides various clerical support to the Loan Control Department to assist with reduction of credit union losses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the monitoring and collection of negative and charge off share accounts.
2. Responsible for daily closure and charge off of negative share accounts.
3. Reports closed and overdrawn accounts to Chex Systems.
4. Electronically reports share charge off accounts to third party collection companies.
5. Reviews, researches, and responds to credit bureau reporting disputes
6. Assists with the monthly processing of consumer charge off accounts.
7. Prepares and disburse documentation required to close on department collection rewrites.
8. Provides excellent member service, exhibiting a high level of professionalism when in contact with members, co-workers and outside companies.
9. Educate other departments and members as to the credit union’s policy and procedures to assist with the collection and resolution of past due obligations.
10. Cross-sell other credit union products and services to financially assist membership.
11. Represent department as initial point of contact for member telephone inquiries, directing inquires to the appropriate area within the credit union.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required
One year technical experience in field or related experience in a financial institution preferred.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials. Valid State of Alaska driver’s license required.
Complete any required training by assigned due date.
Proficient use of 10-key calculator; excellent typing and computer skills, good organizational abilities, and time management.