The City of Anchorage Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered on December 6, 1948 (charter 5912) with eight members and $40 in assets. The Alaska Railroad Federal Credit Union (Charter 6244), another predecessor to Denali, was chartered in July, 1949.
Over the years a number of credit unions were chartered or merged with existing Alaska credit unions to create Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1997. Denali Alaskan dropped "Alaskan" from its name in 2016 to become Denali Federal Credit Union.
Denali's Board of Directors proposed a merger with Nuvision Federal Credit Union in March, 2018. The proposed merger was overwhelmingly approved by members, and Denali's partnership with Nuvision was formalized on Oct. 1, 2018. Denali operates under Nuvision charter #00566 as Denali. A division of Nuvision Federal Credit Union.
- The Teamsters Federal Credit Union is formed in January, 1964.
- The Anchorage Natural Gas Employees FCU merges with Alaskan Employees FCU in 1975, and the name of the Credit Union was changed to Alaska Municipal Employees FCU (AMEFCU).
- The Chugach Electric Association FCU merged with AMEFCU in 1977.
- The Western Trades FCU merges with AMEFCU in 1982; the subsequent Credit Union changes its name to Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1984.
- The Alaska Feminist Credit Union merges its field of membership with Alaskan FCU in 1985.
- The Alaska Railroad and Teamster Federal Credit Unions merge to form Denali FCU in 1986.
- Denali and Alaskan Federal Credit Unions merge on January 1, 1997, to form Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union opens a branch in Kent, Wash., 2015.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union changes its name to Denali Federal Credit Union, Jan. 1, 2016.
- Denali Federal Credit Union formalizes merger with Nuvision Federal Credit Union and begins operating under Nuvision's charter #00566 as Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union, Oct. 1, 2018.
Since Denali merged with Alaskan FCU it has taken many steps to reinforce its mission — helping members achieve financial success. Among the advances introduced to members are:
- the introduction of internet banking to Alaska in 1996, and continuing leadership in financial technology with 24/7 online banking, lending, member call centers and more;
- expanded units that offer home lending, business lending, business services and investment advice;
- expansion into new markets including Kenai, Wasilla, Eagle River and Kent, Wash.
Denali. A division of Nuvision Federal Credit Union serves more than 160,000 members* with branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, Washington and Wyoming. Assets exceed $2.2 billion*. We invite you to join Denali and create your financial future for success.
Denali is an Equal Housing Lender. Savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.