The City of Anchorage Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered on December 6, 1948 (charter 5912) with eight members and $40 in assets. The Alaska Railroad Federal Credit Union (Charter 6244), another predecessor to Denali, was chartered in July, 1949. Over the years a number of credit unions were chartered, or merged with existing Alaska credit unions, to create Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1997 and is now Denali Federal Credit Union:
- The Teamsters Federal Credit Union is formed in January, 1964.
- The Anchorage Natural Gas Employees FCU merges with Alaskan Employees FCU in 1975, and the name of the Credit Union was changed to Alaska Municipal Employees FCU (AMEFCU).
- The Chugach Electric Association FCU merged with AMEFCU in 1977.
- The Western Trades FCU merges with AMEFCU in 1982; the subsequent Credit Union changes its name to Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1984.
- The Alaska Feminist Credit Union merges its field of membership with Alaskan FCU in 1985.
- The Alaska Railroad and Teamster Federal Credit Unions merge to form Denali FCU in 1986.
- Denali and Alaskan Federal Credit Unions merge on January 1, 1997, to form Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union opened a branch in Kent, Wash., 2015.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union changes name to Denali Federal Credit Union, Jan. 1, 2016.
Since Denali was formed in the merger we have taken many steps to reinforce our mission: to help members achieve financial success. Among the advances we've introduced to members:
- Denali introduced internet banking to Alaska in 1996, and has continued to be leaders in financial technology with 24/7 lending and call centers to members, internet bill payments and more.
- Over time, Denali has expanded business units to offer home lending, insurance, business lending and business services and investment advice to members.
- Denali has reached into new markets including Kenai, Wasilla, Eagle River and Kent, Wash.
Today, Denali serves more than 70,000 members, with assets exceeding $650 million. We invite you to join Denali and create your financial future for success!
Denali FCU is an Equal Housing Lender and National Credit Union Association member. Denali FCU savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
Investment Services Department non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA www.finra.org / SIPC www.sipc.org) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Denali Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members. Denali representatives are licensed to sell securities in the state of Alaska. For specific tax advice, please consult a tax professional.