Protect your accounts with Denali’s help
By Bob Teachworth, President & CEO
Account safety has taken over front-page headlines with the announcement of the breach at Equifax. More than 145 million people may have been affected by the breach at this credit bureau, one of the largest such incidents in the U.S.
The credit bureaus retain a tremendous amount of information on the spending and payment habits of Americans, and anytime such a breach occurs, we all face concerns about protecting our financial lives. Fortunately, Denali has tools and tactics to help you maintain an effective oversight of your finances:
- Online Banking: check your accounts regularly to see if there are any unusual activities. If you see a purchase that you did not authorize, call us immediately to let us know of your issue(s). Denali’s Online Banking product uses the most secure, two-factor authentication system as an added layer of security to prevent your account from being compromised.
- Mobile Banking: Denali offers touch ID authentication on Apple and Samsung devices; your unique fingerprint is your key to secure mobile access.
- EnCompass Financial Management: this is a part of the Online Banking toolkit offered by Denali. At EnCompass, you can view your entire financial life in one spot, so any activities that are out of the ordinary can be seen and acted upon quickly.
- Denali Facebook security updates: we send security notices to members via Facebook when we hear of any issues. Signup for Denali’s Facebook account (www.Facebook.com/Denalifcu) to keep up-to-date on the latest news.
- Account Security Page: Denali posts news and tips online to help you keep abreast of security matters. Visit our security Web page to find ways to protect your account security.
- VISA Purchase Alerts: set up alerts online to let you know when purchases are made, and protect your Denali VISA card usage.
- MobiMoney: Denali will soon be offering this security service which allows you to keep on top of your card security, and even gives you the opportunity to shut down cards remotely using your smartphone.
These are just a few of the ways we are working every day to protect you and your account. Denali takes your security seriously, and will continue to bring you the latest tools to help you stay secure.
You make a difference at Denali
By Bill Murray, Chairman of the Board of Directors
I am honored to serve as your Board Chairman for the past two-plus years. One of the great benefits of being a member-owned cooperative is that you, as an owner of the Credit Union, have a direct voice in the way Denali is run.
The Denali Board of Directors is a democratically elected group of members, just like you, who oversee operations and policies of the Credit Union for the benefit of the entire membership. Elections will be held in the spring of 2018 to select Board members for a three-year term starting in May, 2018.
If you would like to be considered for the election, we must receive your letter of interest and a résumé by December 17, 2017. Please mail your material, or fax it, to:
Denali Federal Credit Union
440 E. 36th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99503
All members 18 years and older and willing to spend time contributing to the overall direction of the Credit Union (including monthly Board meetings and scheduled Board committee meetings) are invited to submit their name for consideration by the Nominating Committee. Questions? Call 907-257-7220 or 800-764-1123, ext. 220 for a board packet, with qualification guidelines.
Business Powered by Denali
Denali Member Business Services sweats the details so you can focus on growing your business. We have your needs covered with business lending, business services and a full-services business center. Plus, with Denali you can count on:
- A professional team that is readily available to serve your needs in person at our Anchorage and Kent branches
- A full suite of business products and services that are convenient and easy to use
- An industry-leading online banking platform that lets you bank securely with ease everywhere 24/7
Investments website helps you plan your financial goals
You have financial goals and dreams. Denali Investment Services* can help. CFS Financial Advisors at Denali work with people like you to develop a financial strategy that fits your goals. Denali has plans for every stage in life—launching your career, starting a family, seeking wealth management or planning for retirement. Explore the new Denali Investment Services* website to see how Denali can serve your needs.
Here's some of what you'll find at the Denali Investment Services* website:
- Lifestage calculators
- Wealth management
- Retirement planning
- Investment services
- Investment products
- Business services
You can also:
- Connect with our investment advisors
- Educate yourself with timely content
Visit the Denali Investment Services* website to take charge of your financial future today.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/ SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Denali Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
For specific tax advice, please consult a tax professional.
Denali gives you options for protecting your information
Reports of data theft and fraud schemes have been on the rise. The recent theft of more than 140 million records from credit reporting agency Equifax has alarmed many.
We realize that reports such as these may have you concerned and we want to let you know that Denali takes the protection of your information seriously. We work diligently to protect the security of your records and we provide you with ways to help prevent unauthorized access to your information.
See how you can take additional steps to help us protect your information by adding layers security to your accounts at Denali.
Kent-Meridian High School’s “Financial Reality Fair"
Community Counts Days with Habitat for Humanity Anchorage
Fairbanks Northgate branch will be closed in observance of Veterans Day
Veterans Day - All Denali branches and offices will be closed
Thanksgiving - All Denali branches and offices will be closed
Christmas Day - All branches, business units and departments are closed
Most transactions can be made 24 hours a day via mobile app, at www.denalifcu.org or by calling InTouch 24, our 24-hour Telephone Teller (907-257-7224 in Anchorage, 907-456-1937 in Fairbanks, and 800-764- 1123 option 2, from anywhere else in Alaska or the U. S.).
Leaves are falling, rates are rising
Denali is paying double the rate of a normal 12-month share certificate for our 15-month special share certificate:
- 1.5% APY*
- 15-month term
- Available Oct. 1-31, 2017
- Maximum $5,000 investment per account, minimum $500 investment
This offer is valid only during October, so start saving today. Visit any branch or call the Member Contact Center at 907-257-7200, option 3 or 800-764-1123, option 3 for details on the 15-month share certificate.
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY). The 15-month certificate will roll over to a share (S1) account at the end of the term. There may be a penalty for early withdrawal.
Calendar Photo Contest winners selected
We have concluded our fourth annual Facebook Photo Calendar Contest. More than 400 photos were submitted by photography enthusiasts from Alaska to Washington to show how they “belong here.” Winners were chosen by a team of Denali staff and we're excited to unveil our winning photos here. Be sure to stop by any Denali branch starting in January to pick up your complimentary 2018 calendar.
PHOTO CONTEST WINNERS
Grand prize winner
Amazing Skies While Dipnetting at Kenai
Glacier Moulin in Alaska
Aurora over Knik River
Hoar Frost Pink
Lupine on 20 Mile
Black bear cubs and Lupine on Steep Creek
Take the Path Less Traveled
Denali National Park in Fall
Denali members have access to second largest branch network in the U.S.
Denali’s unique “Shared Branch” network now has more branches than Chase, making it the second-largest in the country. The network encompasses 5,671 physical locations in its shared branch network, surpassing the 5,567 branch locations run by Chase as of July 18.
More than 400 shared branches have been added in the past two years, allowing Denali members access to more branches than Bank of America, Chase Bank, and nearly every other financial institution in the nation.
Denali members also have access to the Shared ATM network of 29,000 ATMs. For complete details on the locations of all of these shared branches and ATMs, log on to the locations page of our website.
EnCompass helps you make smarter money choices
Do you need a better way to track your money? Denali’s free EnCompass Finance Management tool, available in Online Banking, can help. Similar to personal finance tools Mint and Quicken, EnCompass aggregates all of your accounts at Denali and elsewhere to give you a 360-degree view of your income and expenses.
EnCompass helps you build a spending plan to pay your bills and save for things that matter to you. Give EnCompass a try. Members who use EnCompass to set a spending target through November 30 will be entered in our drawing to win one of two $250 prizes or three $100 prizes.