Denali members approve merger with Nuvision Credit Union
Credit unions to move forward with transition process
Denali and Nuvision Credit Unions have combined forces to become a more effective member-centric credit union with branches in five western states serving nearly 170,000 members. Nuvision Credit Union is the continuing credit union, with Denali operating as Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union.
Here’s more information about the combined credit union:
- CHARTER: The continuing credit union operates under charter #566, Nuvision Federal Credit Union. Denali will operate under the brand Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union.
- LEADERSHIP: Roger Ballard, Nuvision chief executive officer, remains as CEO of the continuing credit union. Bob Teachworth, the former President/CEO of Denali FCU, remains as the regional head of the Denali brand, responsible for operations in Alaska and Washington.
- LOCATIONS: There are 31 branches in five states – Alaska, Washington, California, Arizona and Wyoming. The credit union operates dozens ATMs in these states. Denali will continue as a member of the CO-OP Financial Services Network with more than 5,500 Shared Branches and ATM locations for members to use.
- ASSETS: the credit union has more than $2.2 billion in assets, serving more than 170,000 members.
Members of the former Denali will not see many account changes as we focus on “business as usual” during this period of systems integration.
- • You will still be able to use your Denali checks and VISA® cards (credit and debit); when you order new checks or as your VISA® cards expire, you will get new/updated checks and cards.
- • You do not have to make any changes to automatic deposits or withdrawals to your account. Our back-office staff have worked to ensure a smooth transition, and you will continue to see automatic deposits to your account, or automatic withdrawals for payments and other purposes, continue at their normal schedule.
- • Visit our branches or call the Member Contact Center for questions or to conduct transactions – you’ll find many of the same people serving you in Alaska and Washington. It’s very important that we maintain consistency in service delivery to you, our members.
- • Accounts at Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union are insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
Account numbers will change. The former Denali FCU was planning to implement a new account management system, and this likely would have required new account numbers. The merger will hasten the transition to a new system. We will notify you of account number changes when the new system is activated.
If you have any questions, please call the Member Contact Center at 907-257-7200, option 3, or toll-free at 800-764-1123, option 3. Thank you for your continued membership.
Oct. 1, 2018 – Denali Federal Credit Union begins operating as Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union under Nuvision's charter #00566
Sept. 21, 2018 – Denali members approve merger
Aug. 15, 2018 – Federal regulator NCUA approves merger; members to vote on proposal READ MORE »
April-May, 2018 – Denali submits formal request for merger to federal regulator NCUA READ MORE »
March 9, 2018 – Denali Board proposes merger READ MORE »
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
We've collected frequent questions asked by members. Find answers here.READ MORE »
Read the latest merger news and see past updates.READ MORE »
The merger will take several months to complete. Track the process.