If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity you have come
to the right place. Denali Alaskan's employees enjoy an
industry competitive salary scale, a great working atmosphere, and a generous
benefits package. Denali Alaskan FCU participates in the
E-Verify program. Below are some of the current job openings.
Department: Anchorage - Home Loans Exempt: Non-Exempt
Reports To: VP, Mortgage Lending Function Supervised: None
Solicit and obtain complete and accurate loan information on one to four family residences and other properties acceptable to the home loan department and its investors. Learn and adhere to all department, government, insurer, and investor guidelines and regulatory compliance. Market Denali Alaskan Home Loans and its products and services to realtors and other industry professionals. Communicate effectively with staff and all other parties regarding transactions throughout the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists borrowers in understanding the loan process
2. Obtains factual data relating to loan application along with pertinent disclosures, compliance items and other documentation necessary to process and underwrite loans
3. Maintains an open line of oral and written communication with processor, underwriter, closer and other parties to the transaction
4. Collects required advance fees and/or disclose to borrower the procedure for direct payment of said fees
5. Ensures completeness of the loan package, disclosure, etc. prior to submission to set-up
6. Corresponds with title companies, inspectors and other industry professionals as necessary to assist in the home loan process
7. Communicates with agents, borrowers, title companies, etc., regarding the status of the transaction
8. Assist processor, underwriter, closer and others involved in transaction in any manner requested to facilitate closing of loans
9. Communicates with borrower and obtain any necessary post closing documentation
10. Cross sells appropriate Credit Union products and services
11. Participates in sales and file review meetings as directed by VP, Mortgage Lending and Operations Staff
12. Participates in home shows as directed by VP, Mortgage Lending
13. Maintains knowledge of current mortgage guidelines, investor and insurer requirements, and compliance requirements
14. Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred.
Degree must be from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation boards (or appropriately credentialed):
MSA – Middle States Association
NASC – Northwest Association of Schools & Colleges
NCA – North Central Association of Colleges & Schools
NEASC – New England Association of Schools & Colleges
SACS – Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
WASC – Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Three years of mortgage lending experience in the areas of mortgage origination sales required
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
Complete any required training by assigned due date.
Must have the ability to effectively process and monitor mortgage loans to ensure adequate levels of documentation. Must be multi-task oriented and be able to meet deadlines. Must be self-motivated and be highly organized. Must possess training and/or background with PC applications, data processing, word processing, and 10-key. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable.