If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity you have come
to the right place. Denali Alaskan's employees enjoy an
industry competitive salary scale, a great working atmosphere, and a generous
benefits package. Denali Alaskan FCU participates in the
E-Verify program. Below are some of the current job openings.
Department: Anchorage - Operations Support Exempt: No
Reports To: Branch Sales Supervisor Function Supervised: None
Provides excellent member service via phones, e-mail, web access, and facsimile to new, existing and potential members. Provides specific account information accessed through multiple on-line computer systems. Creates member or prospect confidence while conducting transactions through effective communication of product information. Aggressive and effective cross-selling of Credit Union products to new, existing, and potential members. Must possess, or be able to attain within a specified time period, State Insurance Certification for selling Credit Life/Disability insurance, as well as successful completion of required training, as outlined on page 3 of this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cross-sells appropriate Credit Union services to new, existing and potential members; follows all established selling behaviors and sets an example for coworkers
2. Communicates effectively and continually with the Assistant Branch Manager
3. Responsible for the quality and accuracy of loan and member service transactions
4. Complies with and keeps abreast of established policies, procedures, and applicable regulations
5. Assures that the work station is maintained in a neat & clean manner with appropriately stocked sales aids, supplies and visual materials as directed by marketing
6. Actively participates in the established business development plan for the branch; assists in implementing new products or programs to provide better member service and stimulate new growth within the branch
7. Participates in scheduled sales meetings for staff, which provide education and updates on all products and services and expected selling behaviors
8. Makes suggestions to the Assistant Branch Manager for providing excellent member services and improving operating procedures for better efficiency
9. Projects a professional and positive image of the Credit Union through professional appearance, dress and behavior
10. Actively contributes to the success of the Credit Union by working positively within the department and with co-workers
11. Opens new accounts and sub-accounts by ensuring that proper documentation is completed and performs necessary data entries
12. Prepares and closes consumer loans
13. Answers member inquiries regarding accounts
14. Responds to member inquiries regarding rates, various loan and deposit programs, and used vehicle values (NADA and Kelley Blue Book)
15. Interviews, underwrites, and approves/denies loan applications based on lending authority limits.
16. Provides member service needs, i.e., Notary Public services, loan and savings account questions, and debt counseling
17. If appropriately licensed, offer insurance products identified as “Approved Products” in the Platform Program
18. Maintain product sales averages, in accordance with department or branch goals
19. Convert qualified referrals to new business in accordance with department or branch goals
20. Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year related experience, financial institution experience preferred. Substantial customer service and lending background. Strong cross-selling techniques.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
Complete Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union’s Product assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of 100% (Note: this assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score.)
Good verbal and written communication skills. Basic 10-key calculator, computer and typing skills. Good interpersonal skills.